Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I've been tagged!!

The rules are, each player must post 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

I owe a HUGE shout out to Natalie, my cousin for this most wonderful opportunity to share all of this unusually interesting information with anyone who wants to read it... I actually got tagged about 6 or so months ago and haven't had the time to get around to doing this. However since it makes me crazy to let something go undone i've decide to finally do it.

#1. I do not like the words "I'm bored", "this is boring", or "how much longer do I have to do this". I always tell my children that only boring people get bored and your not boring so I'm sure that you can find SOMETHING to do!

#2. I really love big words. Not really to use them because most of the time it just sounds dorky, but because when Kaytlin was little and even now she will be talking with me and she will throw in a word like rejoinder (an answer to a reply) and just keep talking like it's no big deal that she has just used a word that I'm trying to figure out the meaning to, and most of the time I used to know what the word meant and have just forgotten the meaning because of lack of use? However because of her love for reading she's caused me to gain a love of words. Weird I know but it's kind of a game we play that we both enjoy, and it also helps her vocabulary grow. Oh yeah and apparently mine too!

#3. I love a sense of humor, and it is also what I love about my husband and sisters. Their is really nothing better than laughing so hard that you have that ugly laughing face (Patty and Ally will know what I'm talking about). I also love being with people that are funny because no matter what the situation is you always end up having a good time. I also like the sound of laughter especially if it is coming from my kids.

#4. I love traveling. Someday I want to be able to travel all over the world, and learn about other cultures. I think it is so interesting to see how other people live. I also love to take part in other countries cultural activities, food etc.

#5. I am a people watcher. This may sound weird to some of you, but I love watching how other people act when they think that no one is noticing them. My favorite places to people watch are just about anywhere but especially the Las Vegas Airport if ya know what I mean. Sometimes Rob gets embarrassed by me because he thinks people know that I am starring at them but what do I care they don't know me. Occasionally he will participate but usually he gets embarrassed for the person and can't handle watching. It makes me giggle when people are talking to themselves and they don't even realize it. About the time that I start giggling I usually realize that I to am talking to myself.

#6. I wish that I could fly. I've often thought about what kind of bird I would be and it would have to be an Eagle because they just make flying look so pretty and easy. I know that they are not the prettiest bird but they are definitely the coolest!

So there it is. Now you know how weird I am. One other little tidbit, I like the smell of skunk! No, not the really potent part just the faint leftover smell!?!? There! I said it.... OH don't judge, some of you like the smell of gasoline, or markers, which I find totally grody! :()

I would like to invite anyone who hasn't already done this to do it if you want. No pressure.

5 comments:

Heistermanfamily said...

chelon:) said...
i was trying to comment on your tag, but it didn't come up! i just wanted to tell you that we must be kindred spirits...because i too, LOVE the smell of skunk. i have for as long as i can remember! people think i am crazy but who cares ;) i think that it stems from the hairspray that i used as a kids...i swear it smelled like skunk! i too love to people watch!! it is sooo fascinating. one of my favorite airports is oakland, ca. that is a great people watching place. i miss you and can't wait to see you. xoxo

July 1, 2008 10:17 AM

pamela said...

rachel, this is the BEST. i love ugly laughing! i know exactly what you mean.

and BYU is a strangely good place to people watch.

cathy said...

I too am a big people watcher, but you have probably figured that out. Funny thing is Ryan gets embarrassed also, I tell im he worries too much!

Natalie Winquist said...

I can't do any laughter- but the ugly kind!!! I will keep my fingers crossed that you will be reincarnated as your beloved eagle! And for the record- I'm still thinking both you & Chelon are both a little kookie for liking stinky skunks!Sorry for the judgement ;0) i still love ya to death tho!! luv nat- (I'm probably the ugliest laugher of them all, if not, then definitely the loudest! I know that when we're doing that ugly laughing together we've almost gotten ourselves kicked out of restaurants! Do you & Chelon still remember the Robintinoes incident?)

Livingstons said...

Eric people stares and I think it will give him a black eye one day - he seems oblivious to the moment when the target realizes you're staring and just keeps on using his sight sockets. He should probably pretend to be blind so that he can stare at people more thoroughly. They really should replace smoking rooms in airports with enclosed one way mirrors so "closet" people watchers feel more comfortable. Now I'm just getting ridiculous...