Friday, August 22, 2008

Letters S, G & W, H, and U


With summer almost over, I've felt very pressured to try and fit everything in with my kids that I possibly could. I'm really not ready for them to go back yet. We've had a great time this Summer and it's gone by way too fast! Our letter "S" activity was going to the Sweet's Candy Factory. It was a pretty interesting activity. Interesting in a good way. We got to taste some of the delicious or not so delicious candy that they make. After it was over they gave each one of us a bag of taffy, and then we shopped a little in the gift shop. I LOVE their chocolate covered cinnamon bears!

Then we went to the Gateway for the letters "G" and played in the water sprinklers for the letter "W". The first time we went with my friends Cathy and Pam. The kids had a great time as usual. The second time we went with my cousin Natalie and some of her friends. My kids had a great time then to, especially Trent because he loves to hang out with his older cousins Andrew and Colby.

On Monday we went hiking for "H" up Adams Canyon. No matter how many times I hike that canyon, my mind always fails me as to how hard it is! I swear every time you come up over a hill(and their are several) you are thinking to yourself "oh this is familiar we must almost be there", but nope! You always end up having at least another 30 or so minutes till you actually reach the waterfall. It's totally worth it though!

The last letter that we did was "U" for the Utah State Capitol. I thought that the kids might get totally bored with this one but they pleasantly surprised me. Our tour guide gave them all a bingo paper and if they were able to find all of the pictures or information on that piece of paper then at the end of the tour they won a treat. Of coarse this meant that the race was on! It was another great activity. Fun and interesting!

8 comments:

cathy said...

what a great summer and I am glad that we were able to share in some of the memories!

chelon:) said...

oh my you have been busy!! what a fabulous mom you are to entertain the kiddies that way!! wish i were there to go with you :)

I LOVE THE CHOCOLATE CINNAMON BEARS!! they are the only company that makes them...i sooo miss them. my mouth is watering right now :) miss you and love you.

pamela said...

when did you go to the capitol? i could have joined you!

Kaylynn said...

MMMMMM! Chocolate Cinnamon Bears are my favorite! I think I need to go on field trip there too!

JMC Design said...

and I was worried about you! Good Heavens you are the energizer bunny...I think my battery is dead...I have been so busy finishing the kids rooms downstairs we haven't down much lately for fun....now I wish school didn't start next week so we could take a few days and go do something..we will wait for Craig though...

lisa said...

I am amazed at the fun things you've done! Should we try and make December be like this summer??? ;)

Natalie Winquist said...

You should've called me too when you went to the Capitol since we were planning on going for our "U" day! Bummer! I've decided that we'll have to extend our Alphabet Days & try to accomplish it before the end of the year! Ha- we'll see! But I'm glad we got to do as much as we did! My boys love to hang with Trenten as well & of course Jody loves being with Kaitlyn! But not as much as I love you!!! xoxo

Amanda and the Bradys said...

very cute blog I love it!!!!