Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Werewolves like mom can be scary
I've always known that being a mom is the most wonderful blessing that anyone could ever have, but this morning I was reminded just how blessed I really am. The last few weeks have been kind of crazy, Austin has been sick for what seems like forever. I have had him at the doctor's 3 times in the last 2 1/2 weeks. The first time was for this nasty cough that just wouldn't go away however when we got there his ear starting hurting and Dr. Evans confirmed that he had infected ears. He didn't think however that his cough was anything other that just a cough due to the weather and smog. So... we started some antibiotics, and then we ended up back there 4 days later because he was running another fever which was due to the fact that the medication wasn't strong enough?! So we started a new regimen. Then on Monday he started with another HIGH fever and this time it is an annoying virus that has all the same symptoms as the influenza and aside from that his cough that I have complained about several times to the doctor is now Walking Pneumonia. Rob says Austin needs to stop licking the doorknobs : ). So needless to say I have been reminded lately how precious sleep really is. Aside from Austin being awake all night for the last 2 nights and several sleepless nights for the last little while, just as I had finally gotten Austin back to sleep and successfully snuck out of his bed, Trenten came running through my bedroom door (which scared the you know what out of me) really upset because he had had a dream that he was being killed by a werewolf which turned out to be me. Go figure? I guess I could have been mistaken for a werewolf these last couple of days. Sleep does do a lot for MY attitude. The reason I feel so blessed? Trenten and Kaytlin got up this morning and cleaned up all of the messes around the house so that I could catch up on some much needed sleep. Kaytlin also vacuumed and Trenten got wood from the shed and loaded up the fireplace so that Austin and I could be nice and cozy all day. They did all of this without me asking and they even let me get a little sleep before I had to take them to school. I feel really lucky to be there mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
why in the world were YOU bringing ME dinner? i feel real sheepish now.
you have amazing kids. how do you do it?
That just gets me all choked up inside - what sweet children! Wanna trade? That's right, you've already had your toddlers...
Post a Comment