Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"L" is for Lilly Lake and other fun weekend activities

Rob's buddy from Cali came into town and they left for a couple of days, so rather than be here alone, my sister Patty and I decided to head up to the cabin and hang with the kids. It was a blast! Lots of that ugly laughter I talked about in an earlier post. Patty bought a raft to take out on the lake, and everyone loved it. I decided to do the letter "L" while we were there so we went to "Lilly Lake" and fished for several hours. Within 10 minutes of being there Kaytlin caught a fish and won the race to see who could hook the first fish. We stayed about 3 more hours caught and released a few fish and then headed back home to the cabin. On Saturday my Mom and Dad came up to make us those famous pancakes that I absolutely love ( I think the secret ing. is a little bacon grease), and then we headed to Park City to ride the Alpine slide. This activity was a real hit! I forgot how much fun it is to race down that mountain on a sled! I loved it, and so did my children! We spent the majority of the trip fishing lakes and rivers. All of my kids can successfully bait there own line, cast and reel in a fish all on their own! I always wondered if this would ever happen? But thankfully it did, and now I can take them fishing when ever they want. I also learned how to untangle and fix a fish line. Something else I wondered would ever happen. All they need to learn now is how to clean a fish, which I'm pretty sure Trenten knows but for some reason had forgotten over the winter?!?! All in all it was a great time.

8 comments:

cathy said...

sounds like a great weekend! I am glad that you made it back safe! I have never taken my kids fishing on my own....i don't think that we could put our fishing poles together w/out Ryan. A worthy goal to reach for!

chelon:) said...

that looks like so much fun :) love that you are all becoming quite the fishermans/womans!! sounds great. now you know that if there ever was a hunger crisis, you could feed your fam :) xoxo

Kaylynn said...

You do such fun things with your kids! They are lucky to have such a great mom! I love the letter of the day idea. I think I'm going to do it with McKinley when she gets a little older.

Allyson said...

How fun, that's way awesome on the fishing I would have to say GOOD JOB!! As far as hikeing if it's possible we should go next week and any day is good so tell me when so i can pencile it in. Love ya!

Natalie Winquist said...

Glad you had fun!! All my fishing skills are extremely rusty these days!! Not since going with Grandpa & Oma have I actually held a pole in my hands. I usually just watch everyone else do it! You're my fishing woman-hero!!

JMC Design said...

Oh I miss Lilly Lake, haven't been up in that area this summer at all since Craig is gone. Thanks for sharing your time up there with us, it is so beautiful. You are an amazing woman!

pamela said...

how fun. very impressive that they know how to fish by themselves - i don't even know how. they may have to teach me.

lisa said...

Your kids are awesome! That's great that Kaitlyn isn't afraid of fish--I think my girls would freak out! Sounds like a fun trip! Thanks for keepin the 24th alive in the firework department--by the way!!!