Friday, July 25, 2008
UGH!!! And "M" is for the Museum of Art and History
Do you ever get up in the morning and ask yourself "WHY"? Last night I went to bed with a migraine and I was up 2-3 times with it during the middle of the night! I was praying that it would be gone in the morning because I had planned to take my kids to the Museum and also to the Temple grounds in SLC to go to the visitors center. However when I got up this morning, my headache was still aching! Not only was I ornery because of my head, but my kids were bickering about spilt milk on the counter and who was going to have to wipe it up... Heaven forbid someone would just do it? Then there was this whole problem with chores needing to be done and no one wanting to do them! I was about 3 seconds away from coming completely unglued! I wanted to just yell "everyone go to your rooms we are staying there for the duration of the day because nobody can handle being around each other" ( including me)! Just as I was about to yell it, I climbed out of bed and stubbed my BIG toe on my triple combination and ouch it hurt!!! I was quickly humbled by the fact that maybe we needed to or I needed to put my emotions in check and go to the temple anyways. I talked to my three precious little turkeys and they agreed. I'm so grateful that I stubbed my toe on that great book! The Family A Proclamation To The World tour at the Temple was awesome! The kids really enjoyed it, and I was impressed by how much we felt the spirit there! The Museum was fun, but better for littler kids because in the upstairs there is an area where the kids can draw, play games, play house, and also learn a little. I'm really happy that this day turned out so well, and also that I can answer that question that I seem to ask myself a lot lately....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
LOL! Sorry about the toe- but happy for the result! You're an awesome mom Rach! You & I both know the whole "why????" but it is hard for me to remember the "why me?" & "why again"????? Glad it all turned out well!!!
I am so glad that your day turned out so well. Taylor has been asking to go to the museum...sounds like fun! There is nothing worse than a migraine and three fighting kids!
do they still have the
'i am a child of god" exhibit?
and i'm impressed that stubbing your toe fixed the situation - usually thats when i turn REAL grouchy.
Glad your migraine finally went away! You are so good with your kids! You are a great example to them and I love how much fun you have with them! (even though you do make them do chores!)
Rach you are so funny. I just love you! Glad your day turned out happy! That's always the way to go!
i love that museum! my kids had a great time when we went :) hope your toe feels better!! miss you. xoxo
Man, I wish we would have been invited. sigh.
Where is the updates...I can't think of any reason you could be too busy to update! HA HA HA just joking
Post a Comment