Friday, November 28, 2008

Letter "M" for Mother daughter date, "T" for tie dyeing

Ok this is a pix of the apron that I made for Kaytlin for Christmas. I made a goal last New Years Eve to learn how to sew. I can honestly say that I have wanted to learn how to do this forever! My lines stink but who care's I actually accomplished a NY resolution! I made her an apron because she has been putting together a cook book of recipe's that she wants me to teach her how to cook for one of her Faith in God goals

Yes I am still working on the alphabet. These are some pix of the boys and I tie dyeing shirts for our night together. This was way fun! I love letting my kids get creative and seeing what they come up with. They were even thoughtful of Kate and we made one for her too.
Kaytlin and I had a mother daughter date, and it was a really good time. I love being with Kaytlin because she is so easy going, funny, and loves to talk so I could really just relax and listen to all that she had to say. She is kind and thoughtful of others. When I asked her what she wanted to do for our night out, she said "get ice cream and go to Barnes and Noble and read books and people watch", she's a girl after my own heart. However she later decided that she wanted to go to Target and get some nail polish and do pedicures on each other. She is such a sweetheart! When I was her age I would put plastic baggies on my hands when I would have to rub my parents feet, and I wouldn't do it because I thought it was fun it was usually because I was going to earn a dollar or something.

4 comments:

chelon:) said...

great apron!! i love it. we tried tie dye shirts and they turned out nothing like those! they are so cute :) miss you and yes, we are coming home for the holidays. hope to see you then!

pamela said...

hey that apron is awesome! i love it.
and kaitlyn is a sweetie.

jodi said...

you put baggies on your hands to rub your parents feet? oh man, you crack me up. I thought you had given up on the alphabet.

Natalie Winquist said...

You're such a creative sweet mom Rach!! Love the aprons & tie dye shirts! when you coming over to my house to make them???